Support Your Troops – 5 Ways to Stay Healthy During Flu Season November 4, 2009Posted by Catalyst Yogi in Aquarian Age, mind, Stress, Vitality.
Tags: flu, health, pranayam
The newspapers, television and internet are filled with coverage of the latest flu bug with nary a mention of our own innate ability to fend off disease.
We have a powerful cavalry of virus warriors called the immune system.
The troops of your immune system have been with you since birth and are tirelessly working to keep you healthy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are more than equipped to handle the battle. However, your immune system needs your support to work effectively.
Time to give your Immune System the ‘shot in the arm’ it needs from you.
5 Ways to Stay Healthy During the Flu Season
1. Energy always precedes Matter. All disease impacts your aura (electromagnetic field) first. Keep your aura strong by keeping your thoughts positive and uplifting. Indulging in fear, doubt and worry will steal three feet from your aura and that makes you more vulnerable to physical illness.
2. Practice Kundalini Yoga + Meditation – it strengthens the glandular and immune systems, among other things. Download a FREE Meditation to Strengthen the Immune System (PDF). (tune in with the Adi Mantra – “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” – three times and end your session with a long sat nam)
3. Food as Medicine – Eat only healthy foods. Give up the sugar and processed foods that only weaken the immune system. Try drinking Jalepeno Milk. (taken from Yogi Bhajan’s Foods for Health & Healing)
4. Monitor your Mind – it is a powerful tool for manifestation. If you worry incessantly about getting sick – the stress will diminish your immune system and you are more likely to get sick! When worry arises –redirect your thoughts – focus on gratitude for your health in this moment.
5. “The best vitamin pill you can ever take is a full breath” – Yogi Bhajan
Pranayam (breath control) is important to keep your cells nourished with oxygen. Here is an easy pranayam that will strengthen your immune system in less than 3 min.